Some simple steps to make the sheet mask work much better!
- Put your face mask in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before using it, you will get an extra refreshing experience. It is perfect to use it in the morning especially when you need to wake up.
- Exfoliate your face with some face scrub before applying the mask. By doing this, you will remove dead skin cells on your face. Then it is easier for the sheet mask to penetrate deep into the skin and do its wonders. If you don’t have any face scrub, you can easily make it yourself. Simply use a handful of fine sea salt, grated lemon peel, and three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Find your perfect face mask sound track. Spotify has a lot of cool and relaxing playlists that can make you relax easily. We especially recommend the good Late Night Jazz and the Calm Vibes. Listening to podcasts actively is also recommended. You can check out Synnøve and Vanessa, Dirty John, or Swedish P3 Documentary for instance.
- Convince your boy friend or girl friend to give you a neck massage while the mask works. It gives you a total relaxation and it almost feels like going to a spa – just it is much cheaper!
- Apply sheet mask right before bed time. For an extra calming effect, put the sealed foil bag (as Shumei’s masks come in as package like that) in a bowl of warm water for 3-5 minutes. This is perfect before bed time.
- Fresh up your eyes while the mask is nourishing the rest of the face. Apply a thick layer of eye cream around the eye area, close your eyes, and place cucumber slices or cold used tea bags on top of your eyes.
- Get an extra effect with a cup of tea! If you are looking for an refreshing effect, you can make ginger tea, while chamomile tea is known for its calming effect. Both tea are anti-inflammatory, and can have agood effect on acne and impurities. If you think it is difficult to drink tea while having a sheet mask on, you can wait until your tea cools down, and sip it with a straw later.
- Give other parts of the body a luxury treatment while allowing the mask to make its magic. For example, put your feet in a foot bath and give your hair a treatment. You can also make your own hair conditioning – simply mix eggs, honey and olive oil together, or coconut oil and avocado.
If you are lucky enough to have a bathtub, enjoying the face mask while relaxing in a bathtub filled with relaxing and fragrant bath oils is a total relaxation! If not, a bed with fresh clean bed sheets or a soft are also very attractive to enjoy a face mask treatment.
- Beautiful makeup starts with fresh and hydrated skin! Use a sheet mask before applying makeup, it will help you to get the perfect makeup complexion.
Adjust your mood for a mental bonus! One of the nice things with applying a face mask is that you can treat yourself with a little half-hour me-time and lower your heart rate. Dim the light, light a scented candle or use scented sticks to fill the room with aromatic and revitalising scents. Drop your favourite TV show and change to your favourite magazine, also turn off the mobile (after taking a selfie with the sheet mask, of course)!
Picture Source: @Ꮩ Ꮎ Ꮖ Ꭰ ♡ @the.chic.spirit